The Data Center IT infrastructure construction Manager will be responsible for:
· Data center IT infrastructure construction management and oversight of construction related activities as they relate to new builds or general capital projects. This will include the ownership of the project scope, timeline, and budget.
· Direct interface with Infrastructure construction contractors during the bidding, award, execution, and project closeout/punch list phases.
· Work with infrastructure construction contractors to deliver efficient and high-quality project turn-overs.
· Reviews of electrical, cable and mechanical designs associated with the infrastructure construction of new data centres or the modification of existing data centres.
· Infrastructure construction submittal review. - Construction project quality control including the creation of a commissioning plan and support of the commissioning process.
· Recording and reporting key construction metrics to team members, project managers and management.
· Drive teams to perform troubleshooting and root-cause failure analysis associated with equipment, cabling or electrical failures.
· Be a leader within the group as well as within internal and external teams that support the data centre.
· Travel to data centre sites for engineering evaluations, electrical, cable systems audits, mechanical system reviews, start-up testing, and full commissioning.
· Experience directly related to the design or construction of data centres
· Experience with large scale technical operations, mission-critical infrastructure, or large-scale compute farms.
· Define data centre system-level architecture, specify/document performance and equipment requirements, create/communicate conceptual designs, and create/maintain project documentation.
· Knowledge of German building codes and regulations.
· Proven ability to reduce costs through creative solutions with no impact on quality and reliability (new designs, technology, or construction methods).
· Experience in controls and commissioning of large-scale projects.
· Knowledge of German and English
· Having German certification as an “Elekro Meister” is a must
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
· Previous experience working in a complex high availability data center environment is preferred.
· Must have a German “Elektromeister” certification
· Working knowledge of data center processes and design (power, cooling, redundancy, etc).
· Working knowledge of computer hardware.
· Ability to provide and recommend solutions to internal staff and clients.
· Understanding of networking components and infrastructures.
· Familiarity with cable management and knowledge of how to run fiber and copper in a data center to include labeling.
· Familiarity with patch panels.
· Knowledge of copper and fiber cable testing equipment.
· Excellent troubleshooting and problem resolution skills.
· Able to operate material handling equipment – server lifts and pallet jacks.
· Ability to demonstrate effective team and interpersonal skills.
· Experience with Data Center incident resolution, asset management, and logistics.
· Critical thinking and decision making related to outage risk assessment.
· Regular, predictable attendance is essential for satisfactory performance.
· Strong understanding of servers, routers, network switches, and patch panels. Must understand how devices are interconnected and how to troubleshoot hardware and layer 1 connectivity issues.
· Proficiency working with standard desktop PC tools and applications, such as MS Office, MS Outlook, web browsers, etc.
· Experience with Office 365
· Must have the ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally in German and English.
Apply now and send us your application including your CVJetzt bewerben